In accordance with GDRP, we would like to obtain your consent for marketing efforts. We’ll only ask once.
Experienced freelance illustrator wanted to create vector illustrations
We’re looking to expand our roster of experienced freelance illustrators to help us deliver projects during our busiest periods.
You’ll be a middleweight to senior game artist or digital designer, able to adapt to and support our existing art team in delivering re-coloured or re-skinned games for our clients.
The work might suit a designer from an agency background who’s bored designing websites. Or it could equally be a good fit for an existing 2D game artist looking for a change of scenery and opportunity to try something a bit different.
So long as you’re skilled with Adobe Illustrator and can demonstrate you could produce work to our vector-based in-house style, then we’d love to hear from you.
Typical projects would involve:
- Creating original graphics for games in our vector-based “flat art” house style
- Re-colouring or re-skinning existing game artwork for various client brands, in varying styles
- Designing marketing assets and promotional materials for in-house campaigns (mailers, e-books, website illustrations, etc.)
- Have a passion for 2D illustration and character design
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating vector-based illustrations and other different styles (Online or PDF)
- Be fully proficient with Adobe Illustrator
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a solid understanding of art and design fundamentals
- Be self-motivated, keen to learn and have a go at new approaches & styles
- Be happy to operate on a work-for-hire basis
It would also be useful (but not essential) if you had:
- Experience with Adobe Animate would be highly advantageous
- UX/UI design experience
- Experience of game/level design
- An appreciation of casual, mobile and/or browser games
- Music production / Sound design experience
- Familiar with working in a creative, project-based studio environment